Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Story of a Spider

This is a short story of a spider. The story begins yesterday afternoon at my desk in my office. I was working away when I noticed several little spiders on my desk. I looked up on the wall and saw maybe 15 to 20 more little bitty spiders all over the wall...most of whom I mercilessly smashed (heartless, I know).

This morning I am sitting in my office on the couch studying for my sermon this weekend. The blinds on window are up letting in the beautiful sunny day. I looked towards my desk and dropping from the ceiling to my desk was a single strand of a spiders web. It must have been from one that escaped yesterday's assault on the spider population in my office. However, looking at that single strand caused me to pause and think.

This silky strand of web was weaving gently back and forth. The light from the window was glistening off the silky strand. I have to admit, as much as I don't like spiders, it was beautiful. I sat there amazed at the creative power of God! This little spider dropped from my ceiling to my desk leaving behind a line of silk that was mysteriously created inside its own body. This silky strand is both very soft and surprisingly strong. God's creative power is unmatched!!
“O LORD, how manifold are your works! In wisdom have you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.” (Ps 104:24 ESV)
How have you seen the wonderful creative work of God lately? Share a comment for others to read and join together to give glory to the Lord of all creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment